Most people experience back pain at some point in their lives. Back pain can develop in many ways, and often becomes debilitating. It is important to seek treatment so your condition does not worsen or lead to other health complications. If you are experiencing back pain, chiropractic treatment is the best course of action you can take. At GENESIS Chiropractic Functional Health in Long Beach, CA, we can help. Our chiropractor, Dr. Jason Stoddard, provides a wide variety of natural treatment methods for back pain and other conditions. Our goal is to help you return to a healthy, pain-free life.
Causes of Back Pain
Your back contains nerves, ligaments, tendons, discs, muscles, and other tissues. If anything goes amiss with these structures, back pain is likely to develop. The following are some of the most common causes of back pain:
- Trauma: Sports, auto accidents, work activities, slips, and falls may cause injury to your back, triggering pain.
- Poor posture: Improper posture that puts unnecessary weight on the back increases the chances of back pain.
- Spinal stenosis: This is the narrowing of the vertebrae column, which puts pressure on the spinal nerves and causes pain.
- Osteoarthritis: This inflammatory disease causes the wearing out of the bone cartilage, causing joint pain and stiffness.
- Disc degeneration: Due to old age and other factors, vertebrae discs may wear out, causing back pain.
- Sciatica: A pinched nerve may lead to lower back pain that radiates to the legs through the buttocks.
How Our Chiropractor Treats Back Pain
If you are suffering from back pain, visit us as soon as possible. Dr. Stoddard will perform a physical exam to look for the cause of your pain. We will ask about your symptoms and medical history. After a physical exam, our chiropractor will formulate a customized treatment plan for you. This might include a combination of our techniques. All of our methods are non-invasive and drug-free. Some of the methods we may use include:
- Chiropractic adjustment: Realigning the spine and back will help the nervous system function better and alleviate pain. A properly aligned spine is vital for overall wellness.
- Electrical stimulation: This method uses electrodes to improve blood flow and reduce inflammation.
- Myofascial release therapy: This treatment relaxes tense back muscles, reducing pain.
- Post isometric relaxation: Our chiropractor may recommend exercises to reduce pain and strengthen your back.
Visit Our Chiropractor in Long Beach, CA for Back Pain Treatment
If you are experiencing back pain, you don’t have to continue suffering. We can help. At GENESIS Chiropractic Functional Health in Long Beach, CA, our chiropractor, Dr. Stoddard, will find the right treatment methods for you. We are happy to answer any questions you have. Call us today to schedule an appointment or to learn more.